SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
This position will be based at 4 Times Square New York, NY 10036.
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a Director, Advisory Marketing. The marketing team focuses on lead generation, cross-sell and retention for its key solutions. You’ll join a winning team focused on results with a fun spirit of collaboration. This position supports SS&C Advent’s Advisory business, focused on financial advisors using technology solutions and services from SS&C Advent and Black Diamond.
- Define and lead product and segment marketing initiatives for the Advisory business
- Develop strategic marketing plan – deliver an organized framework that shows strategic thinking and areas of importance across key marketing functions to ultimately drive results for the Advisory market unit: product marketing (launches and ongoing), lead gen and sales tools, client retention and communications
- Leverage market and customer insights to inform market positioning, product positioning and messaging; infuse target audience understanding, along with competitive insights, into marketing programs and touchpoints
- Oversee best-practice execution of marketing tactics across channels; driving cross-functional implementation of plans including email, PR, social, collateral development, web site content, etc. Deep understanding of each channel.
- Use data along with sales/client feedback, competitive insights, and industry trends to identify business opportunities and apply innovative and creative marketing programs that generate results
- Manage team, including assignment and oversight of direct report projects, ongoing delegation, coaching and development
- Conduct analysis of marketing effectiveness for product and program launches to assess ROI and areas for optimization
- 10+ years relevant experience in product marketing or related marketing disciplines in financial services or FinTech field, including 5+ years of people management experience.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing or other business discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in designing marketing and communication strategies and plans based on product vision and ideal client profile.
- Proven track record of driving strategic marketing plans from positioning development to go-to-market execution
- Knowledgeable about B2B sales process, methods and mindsets with ability to be a strong partner to sales from strategy to execution
- Ability to bridge from strategic to tactical and across multiple projects with competing deadlines and prioritize accordingly; highly organized as a program and project manager
- Strong customer-focused writing skills with application for each channel/content type
- Ability to organize and collaborate across cross-functional work groups, including communications of marketing plans and results; experience presenting to senior leaders
- Passion for developing talent; examples of success.
What’s In It for You
- Exposure to a number of key business groups within the company, including regular interaction with senior management
- Competitive salary plus great benefits
- 3 weeks of accrued paid time off in year one plus 9 holidays, increased to 4 weeks accrued paid time off on your 1st year anniversary –**subject to modification based on the level of the role
- Tuition Reimbursement up to 70% for qualified courses
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.